Thursday, June 2, 2016

Fox Step Card

I had a request to make a nature themed card. it needed to be somewhat fancy and perfect for a lover of the outdoors. After some thought I cam up with a wonderful idea but needed to find the time to actually work on it.

Well, it took almost three hours but I did it. I finished this beautiful, woodsy fox last night.


I chose to do a center step card, with 3 small steps so that i could create a foreground, the fox in the middle of the woods and hen a background frames by trees on either side.


This is a standard A2, 5.5 x 4.25" horizontal card. The left and right panels are each 1" wide.
The center steps, form front to back are 1", 1.5" and 2" in height


I sponged the sky in Marina Mist, the ground in Mossy meadow and Baked brown Sugar.
Each center panel was sponged with the same ground colours as the front one.

To create the back panel I sponged both ground colours onto the bottom of the Woodlands embossing folder and then using a brayer added the blue for the sky and then embossed onto a white piece of card.

The trees framing the card on either side were embossed on white card and then cut out using an x-acto knife.
All the trees where finished by sponging with a touch of Sahara Sand and colouring in the texture with an Early Espresso marker.

The bushes (a total of 40 are the tree from lovely as a tree stamped in Always Artichoke and sponged in Mossy Meadow and Baked Brown Sugar and then hand trimmed from the cardstock.


I stamped the fox image using Memento ink and then coloured him with Copic markers - C7 around the ears and nose, Y35 and YR24 for the eyes, YR24, YR04 and R24 for the body. The grass is YG25 and the 2 lighter tones in SU's Olive Green Blendabilities.

The background images was trimmed to 4.25" in height and adhered to the back center panel 2 bushes and the fox to the middle center panel (the fox and froth bush using foam tape)

One bush was glued to the front right and then the tree panels are glued to either side panel. The last bush was attached using foam tape to the front left.


the greeting was mounted on skinny banners and attached to the back panel with foam. To match the colours perfectly I inked the matting banners in Baked brown Sugar and Mossy Meadow.

This card would also be perfect for Father's Day.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: The Wilderness Awaits, Lovely as a Tree, Remembering your Birthday - all SU
Ink: Mossy Meadows, Baked Brown Sugar, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Marina Mist - all SU, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Embossing folder: Woodland - SU
Punch: 1: square to cut banner tails
Markers: Y35, YR24, Y04, R24, YG25, C7 - Copic, Old Olive - SU Blendabilities
Misc.; foam squares/mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

12 comments :

  1. This is wonderfully done Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, this is phenomenal!! I L-O-V-E it!! What a great job you did. I am so happy that SU! brought this TIEF back. (Although I think I bought 3 of them - - - I love that one so much I bought a backup to my back up! LOL! Granted, I have had accidents in classes so I didn't want to risk losing it forever!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an effort Alex, it's great.
    Rene fro OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Mad fussy cutting skills, a superb design and flawless execution. I'd like to CASE this, if I may? Assuming I've got the crafting chops, that is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, and wow again! Lots of work went into this piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, the card really draws you eyes to every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe. This is the most wonderful card! You did a great job. I would like to request to CASE but that would be a joke as nothing I could create would look like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gaylyne feel free to make your version of this card.

      Delete
  8. I have never seen a card like this before. I am from Austria and love your card so much. Thanks for showing the details . You did a really good Job 🐈😍

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...