Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Crochet Baby Boy set

For some reason I have not been very inspired to make cards lately. It may be due to everything else going on in my life currently (2 boys graduating, finally getting back to working on the home renovations, beautiful spring weather and a garden to get ready...) I'm not sure, but I can't seem to get myself into the craft room and create. hopefully once the new SU catty is out this will change (there is a ton of new stuff I absolutely love in it).

The only thing I have been finding some time for lately is crocheting. Another relative is expecting this summer so I needed to get working on a handmade gift pretty quick.  I take the crochet bag to work and crochet during most of my lunch hour. It's a nice break during the day and very relaxing. It's surprising how fast these items came together.


I made this cute hooded jacket and matching little booties. Both are approx. 6-12 months size so should fit the baby this winter.
I was quite surprised that I only needed 1 ball of the blue yarn plus a bit of scrap of the fuzzy white yarn from my scrap bag.


The button strap on the booties is actually functional and opens.

I used this pattern here: hooked on crochet for the jacket. I opted to omit the button panel and added the strap under the neck instead and then edged everything in white (2 rows of single crochet).

The booties used this pattern here: croby pattern. I followed it exactly but also added the white edge (1 row of single crochet) instead of the embroidery floss accent to match the jacket.


Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

2 comments :

  1. I cannot crochet more than a chain but will share your beautiful set with my friend who is a whiz at it! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...