Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Woodland View to the Meadow

I love the Woodland embossing folder. It was one of the first things I had ordered from the Holiday catty. Unfortunately I did not own much of anything when it comes to wild life and nature stamps.
This is something I rectified with my Sale-a-bration order which included "In the Meadow", "The Wilderness Awaits" and "Wetlands; to name a few.

Of course this means that the first thing I had to try was to combine one of these stamps with the folder. Easy task as I also happen to be in need of a few masculine birthday cards for this month.

For my first card I opted to use the sweet mother and fawn stamp. I also used the mountain scape in the background.

 
In hindsight using the mountains may have been a mistake as I have very limited green Copics at the moment. I tried sponging a grassy green for the 'hills" which looks ok but could be better. I had contemplated creating a lake between the plateau the deer are on and the mountains but found it a bit too difficult (am not that experienced with colouring yet). 
 

Overall it turned out ok though. I finished it with a sentiment and banner cut from coordinating cardstock.
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Colours misc. Bazzill
Stamps: In  the Meadow - SU, Because you care - SU
Ink: Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky - all SU, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Markers: Early Espresso - SU (for the tree bark)
Alcohol markers: C1, C3,  YG03, YG25, W1, E11, E13 E 31, 0 - all Copic
Embossing folder; Woodlands - SU
Dies: Circles Framelits - SU
Punches: 1" square (to make banner tail), 2" circle for sentiment
Misc.: sponge dauber,
 
 

 

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

  1. That is the neatest card. I need some birthday cards and will now order in the Meadow. Thanks for sharing. Now I just need to know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...