Saturday, October 17, 2015

Frosty Winter Woods

One of my favourite artists is Robert Bateman. I particularly love his "Artic Wolf" and "Midnight Black Wolf".  Not sure if you've seen the latter (it should come up if you Google it). It is a forest scene at night with a wolf image hidden in the center. Having this image in mind I wanted to try and create something similar with the woodland embossing folder. But alas no matter how hard I tried I could not make it work well with the only wolf stamp set I own, SU's- Wolf stamps. If I ever come across a more suited stamp I may just purchase it and give this idea another try, but for now I decided to use the same principal and make a winter scene.


The background was inked directly onto the embossing folder in Soft Sky. Then I added the deer in Chocolate Chip and embossed my white cardstock. The snow drift is a torn piece of white attached with foam tape. I inked the edges of the front panel in Chocolate chip before attaching my ribbon.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, strip of brown
Stamps: Warmth & Wonder - SU
Ink: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip - SU
Markers: Cherry Cobbler, Mossy meadow, Basic Black - SU
Embossing Folder - Woodlands - SU
Misc.: 5/8" decorative ribbon (Dollarama), white sequins, foam mounting tape
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

  1. This is so pretty Alex, wolf or not, the deer work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute.... I tried doing something similar using the penguins (Snow Place) peeking out from behind the trees but was unsuccessful... Thanks for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...