Monday, June 15, 2015

You've Got This

Not wishing to delay my much anticipated playtime with some of SU's new 2015-2016 catty products I of course placed an orders on June 2nd for my most wanted items. Wednesday I stalked my UPS man (he was late; arrived at 7:30 PM).
Having finally received these wonderful new goodies I had a tough time picking what to use first.

Thank goodness Michael's came to the rescue. They had another 30% off entire purchase coupon on Friday and Saturday, as well as a one item at 40% off coupon. I had no choice, I needed to go and buy some more Copic markers.
This narrowed by choice of projects down to outline stamps and You've Got this moved up to first spot.

My first colour choice was a mix of peach and green tones. I opted for black ink for the outline.


After colouring my image I also added a subtle shadow on the right side (my first try at this). Then masked my flower and stamped the background.
As I have many colours of organza ribbon on hand, it was easy to match the peach tone. Not so for the pearls. I therefore used my Copic marker to colour them in the darkest matching shade.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamp: You've Got This - SU
Ink: Mint Macaron - SU, Tuxedo black - Memento
Alcohol markers: Old Olive - SU Blendabilities, Copic: E000, E11, E13, Y23, Y32, W1
Die: Labels Framelits - SU
Embossing folder: Crackle - Darivce
Misc.: 5/8" peach organza ribbon, 1/1" pearls, foam mounting squares


thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.


1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...