Thursday, April 23, 2015

Red Rose Berry Basket

As I've probably mentioned before, my daughter is a big fan of anything goth inspired. As her birthday is next month I've been working on some gift boxes and let myself be inspired by her love for goth. I therefore incorporated deep red, black and white and a touch of lace into the design.

Here is the first little goody, my goth inspired berry basket.


I love how great this turned out. It really shows how versatile the berry basket die can be.
I cut my basket from black card base. Lined it with white doilies and added a big black ribbon bow to both side of the handle.


On top of each bow I glued a handmade, red paper rose spritzed with gold shimmer. My roses were made using the SU Blossom Punch. Instructions are at the end of this post.


I added a very decorative label to the front embellished with a little red rhinestone bling.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamp: Simply Sketched - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Berry basket - SU, Fancy Tags Two - Shapeabilities - Spellbinders
Punch: Blossom - SU
Misc.: 1.5" wide black ribbon, 2 x 1/4" red rhinestones, 4 small white doilies, foam mounting squares, gold glimmer mist, and for my gift, red tissue and a gingham ribbon scrap.

Full instructions for my roses below.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

4 comments :

  1. I like the black basket, and the pretty flowers!! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baskets- I love the red flowers- they will be beautiful for the birthday- colors are wonderful!
    Shelly SCS blog group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew berry baskets could look so cute in black! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty. I love the flowers you attached to your basket.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...