Monday, March 23, 2015

Chick Easter Gift Card Holder

As I don't usually send out cards for Easter making several would be a bit of a waste. I do however give gifts to my kids and often little treats to friends and family.

So although my next few projects are A2 cards they are also gift card holders.

First up is  my daughter's, a cute little spring chick just cracked out of it's shell.


I chose very bright and cheery spring colours which I carried over to the inside of the card.
The gift card is held in place by a strip of cardstock attached only on either side.


You may recognize the chick design, it's basically the same as my little Valentine owls. I love this design as it's a one punch creation.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Karen Foster (very old)
Stamps:  Wacky Wishes - SU, All Year Cheer 1  SU, A Little Somthin' - SU, Itty Bitty Banners - SU
Punches: Scallop oval - SU, Large, wide Oval - SU, Modern Label (punch art - Owl builder - SU)
Die: Labels Eighteen - Nestabilities - Spellbinders
Embossing Folder: Christmas Elegance - Sizzix
Ink: Crushed Curry, Daffodil Yellow, Garden Green, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie - all SU
Alcohol marker: Blendabilities - skin tone (one of the peach tones) - SU
Misc.: floral ribbon trim (Doll-a-Rama), white gel pen, black marker, rose/red chalk, 3/8" pearls (top 3 were coloured with alcohol marker), foam mounting squares.

Full punch art instructions below.


Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

  1. So cute, especially coming out of it's egg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun- bet your daughter loved this! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...