Saturday, November 22, 2014

Festival of Trees Tags

I don't have too much time today as my youngest is celebrating his 16th birthday and the house is full of young men.

I have one more set of Christmas tags to share and also a little sneak peek of some punch art cards I'll be sharing soon.

Todays tags feature SU's new Festival of Trees stamp set. I have to be honest, when I first saw this set it was not on my must have list; but it quickly grew on me and when I placed my holiday order it was at the top of my list.

 
This was my first real try at creating a sponged winter background. There are places I still need some  practise, but overall I am quite pleased with how these turned out.
 
Unlike my previous tags, this time I started with cut tags.
I masked the moon with a sticky note circle punch out and I sponged the top half of the tag using three shades of purple. I created the hills by masking one section at a time with a torn strip of cardstock. I then stamped a tree in Elegant Eggplant and sponged a little Perfect Plum beneath it for a shadow effect. Next I used a scrap piece of white card and stamped another tree. I  added the garland with Versamark and embossed in silver and then added the ornaments and embossed in white. I punched out the tree and then sponged the little parts of background to match the area of the tag where I planned to palce the tree. For added depth i attached the tree with a foam square.
 
The little tag was sponged to match using the hills mask. I embossed the name in silver and attached this little tag with a 1/4" silver brad. A small star brad was added to the top of the tree and a torn and sponged strip was added to the bottom of the tag; infront of the tree. The finished tag was matted on white (hand trimemd to approx. 1/8") and then I added my silver ribbon and bow.
 
Here is a close-up of one of the tags.
 
 
 
Supply list:
Cardstock: Recollections 110 lbs white,
Stamps: Festival of Trees - SU, Rummage alphabet – MM
Punch: Tree - SU,
Dies:Gift Tag # 3, large, Gift Tag # 3 small by AccuCut
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum - all SU, Versamark
Misc.: white and silver embossing powder, silver ribbon, 1 small star brad, 1 - 1/4" silver brad, foam squares
 
And as promised here is a sneak peek at my upcoming punch art cards.

 
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

  1. You should be very pleased at your tag, it's BEAUTIFUL!

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful!!! You must share a pic of your tree and all the pretty presents underneath! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...