Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Two trees one stamp

Today's cards show the different looks that can be achieved using the same stamp.
Both cards feature the tree stamp from A Season of Peace, with completely different results.

On my first card, Snowy trees, I created a winter scene.

 

First I stamped just the tree in dark green. You can use an ink marker to ink up only the part of the image you wish to use. I find however that when it's a large solid area like this tree it's not only time consuming but sometimes the marker lines show on the stamped image. So I use my ink pad to ink up the stamp. I simple wiped the ink of any parts of the image that I do not wish to use with a baby wipe before stamping. My center tree is the full tree, the one on the right is all but the very bottom row of  branches and the one on the left is only half the tree.
I restamped each tree using Versamark off setting the image by about 1/8" in height and embossed with white embossing powder to create the "snow" on the trees. I then stamped some of the snowy landscape between the trees as well as the falling snow and also embossed this in white. I matted my winter scene on dark green cardstock and mounted with foam squares for added dimension.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill (Hunter green) the blue is an unknown source.
Stamps: A Season of Peace
Punches: Scallop Trim Border - SU, Large Tag - SU (the mat was hand cut)
Ink: Always Artichoke - SU, Versamark
Embossing folder: Decorative Dots - SU
Misc.: white embossing powder, 3 x 3/8" pearls, 5/8" white organza ribbon, foam squares.

My second card, Christmas tree, is a decorated tree.
I again inked my image and wiped the landscape strokes with a baby wipe before stamping. I then used the snowflake background stamp to create my ornaments (I used Versamark and embossed with a glittery red). I gold embossed a little star at the top and added a few tiny rhinestones to finish the tree. I cut the image with my oval framelit and matted on gold. Both the tree image and the greeting banner are mounted with foam squares for added dimension.

 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill (unknwon green), Scrapbook Sally - red, Diamond Dust gold.
Stamps: A Season of Peace - SU, More Merry Messages - SU, Banner Blast - SU (little star)
Ink: Always Artichoke - SU, Versamark
Dies: Oval Framelits - SU, Banners Framelits - SU (I trimmed the width of my banner)
Misc.: 5/8" gold organza ribbon, gGold embossing powder, 10 x 1/16" rhinestones, foam mounting squares.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...