Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wedding Card

My nephew is getting married end of the month. Unfortunately he lives overseas and my husband and I are unable to attend. I therefore thought to make a personalized card for the occasion.

This led to digging through various stamp sets until I finally settled on an oldie but goodie SU set.
 
Here's the card: 

 
I personalized the envelope with the couples initials (an old Club Scrap alphabet set) and stamped it with the SU border stamp to match the card.
 
Here is a close up of the card:

 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: white Bazzill
Stamps: Love Always - SU, Swirly Heart Wheel (matching border) - SU
Ink: Crumb Cake - SU, Versamark
Dies: Floral Ovals - Nestabilities - Spellbinders, Lacy Oval - Spellbinder
Embossing Folder: Pretty Print - SU
Misc.: 5/8" burgundy organza ribbon, 2 each, 1/4" and 1/8" pearls, foam squares, fine white embossing powder 
 
I started with a standard A2 (5.5 x 4.25 ins) card base. My first layer is 1/4" smaller all around. This I embossed with the pretty print embossing folder. I then applied some Crumb Cake ink with a sponge dauber over the embossing. Next layer is the largest Floral Oval die followed by a Lacy Oval one size smaller than the Floral oval. I stamped the Swirly Heart border across the long side of the Lacy Oval in Crumb Cake. All edges were inked with the same colour.
I then stamped the lovely heart design with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.
Then using my sponge dauber I inked the design with Crumb Cake and wiped the embossed finish with a baby wipe to remove the excess ink. The heart was hand cut and then mounted using foam squares for a little added dimension.
I added a hand tied ribbon bow (approx. 2.5 ins) to the bottom of the heart and some pearls to 2 opposite corners for a touch of flair.
 
Here is a peek inside the card:


Additional supplies for inside of card:
Stamp: Versatile Verses - SU
Punch: Deco Label - SU
Die: Adorning Accents Edgelits - SU

I stamped the Lacy Oval border onto a 5.5 ins long piece of cardstock. I then trimmed the it width wise right along the edge of the stamped image and inked the edges. This is layered onto a approx. 2.5" wide piece of cardstock that was die cut both at the top and bottom with the scallop die from Adorning Accents. Again the edges were inked with Crumb Cake. I then adhered it to the inside of the card just slightly higher than center.
The sentiment was punched out with the deco label punch and mounted at the top of the border.
This leaves enough room for a personally message below the border.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...