Thursday, October 24, 2013

Squirrel Punch Art

I just love SU's larger punches. They have some great shapes that allow for creating very nice sized pieces. I remember 10-15 years ago when the largest punch shape was a "large" approx. 1" in size. Most finished punch art was very small (1-2 inches) and missing so much detail. With all the wonderful larger shape's available now it is so muhc more fun to creating punch art pieces.

I've been playing with various shapes trying to make some cute woodland characters.
Not sure if I've nailed it yet, but here is the first little critter I came up with, my squirrel.

 
She'd be all too happy to share her acorn with you.
Supplies:
Cardstock Bazzil, Inks: Colorbox and a few older SU markers,
Greeting is from "A Round Arrray" by SU.
Punches for the greeting: 7/8" Scallop Cirlce - SU, and the hexagon - SU
 
Here's a closer look at the background I created:

 
I used the Woodgrain Embossing Folder by SU and then cut a tree trunk shape from the embossed cardstock. The pine needes are the S.giant fern by PB.
 
And full instructions for the little squirrel punch art is below.

 
Thanks for looking, come back soon for more cute punch art.

1 comment :

  1. This is SO cute!!! Will have to try this one for sure! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...