Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Baby Crow Punch Art

My favourite times of year are Spring and Fall. I love the beautiful colours these season bring.
Looking at the trees in our street I am saddened that Calgary doesn't have much of a Fall season.  It's only mid October and most of the trees are already bare.

None the less, the gold and orange leaves did inspire me to create some fall themed punch art.

Here is what I came up with - a little family of crows:

 
As cute as they are, they each needed a background that went along with the Fall theme.
 
My little baby crow ended up in a pumpkin patch:

 
Here's just the background:

 
The pumpkins were made using the large oval/small oval by SU, the large grapevine leaf from PB, and a small swirl - EK Papershaper. The stem was hand cut.
 
The Fence was made using only the Word Window punch by SU
The clouds are a s.giant cloud punch by PB and the sign post is an ACCU Cut die.
Greeting stamp is from "Thoroughly Thankful" by SU
 
Full instructions for the baby crow are below:

 
Next post I'll share my Momma Crow.
Thanks for looking!


6 comments :

  1. So cute!! Love the pumpkin patch too!! Thanks for sharing the crow instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME punch art and tutorial ... I can't wait to give this a try ... Thank you for the inspiration!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO cute! Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons,as well and I just love crows. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little crow family. What does PB stand for (as in the grapevine leaf)? Thanks for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, PB stands for Punch Bunch: http://www.thepunchbunch.com/ they make some great punches.

      Delete
  5. Love your work so much. Punches are my favourite things. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...