Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chinese Bearded Dragon Take 2

Alright, so I thought I was done with dragons for a while. But my mind had different ideas. I kept thinking "how can I improve my Chinese dragon? There's got to be better options for the beard tentrils.".

Here is what I came up:

As you can see the basic design is the same as my previous bearded dragon. I added more "beard/hair including some on his chin and changed up the horns and the tentrils. I also think more popping with foam squares and the dual green tones make a big difference. What do you think, is this one or my first attempt better?

Supplies used:
Background: SU Bamboo II
Greeting: StampWorkz Kanji collection set 1
Carstock: Bazzill
Ink: Colorbox
punches for greeting: SU ticket, SU designer labee, 3/4" circle (PB)
foam squares under muzzle/nose, head and beard/hair.

Full instructions below.

 
More punch art creations to come.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...