Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baroque Motifs

As you may have guessed by now, going back to work full time and taking a 8-10 year break from actively scrapbooking and paper crafting has resulted in many fads, techniques and supplies passing me by.

My solution to some of what I missed out on is to browse Ebay, yard sales and kijiji as there are just too many things I wish I had (I am a collector of supplies after all).

At the top of my list are several SU stamp sets and punches. I've been fairly lucky and have managed to find quite a few of both at reasonable (and sometime exceptional) deals.

One of the more recent acquisitions is the Baroque motifs stamp set. Today I'm sharing my first card using it.



It's actually a rather simple card. The edges of the ivory cardstock were inked with 2 colors, first burgundy then a deep brown.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: SU Baroque Motifs
Ink: SU Ruby red and Bravo Burgundy, Colorbox black and a deep brown (from the Autumn pastels Chalk ink pallet)
Punches: SU Blossom Bouqet Triple Layer flower, SU Modern Label, EK Papershaper small sun
1/4" rhinestones (dollar store find)
foam dots (flowers are layerd with these as well as the greeting)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...